Breaking the Code to Healthcare Compliance, Fourth Edition updates the international medical meeting body of knowledge. Whether you are a manufacturer, physician, group purchasing organization (GPO), physician-owned distributorship (POD), or teaching hospital, or one involved in planning and reporting transparency and spend, having a basic understanding of the who, what, where, and how of the Physician Payments Sunshine Act will enhance your knowledge and scope of reasoning.
What’s in the Fourth Edition?
Expanded international section
Updated section on states with different laws
Transfer of Value explained
CMS Final Ruling
Open Payments requirements and correction process explained
Penalties and fines explained
Filing specifications explained
Open Payments System Enhancements
10 pages of new glossary terms
This resource will help the meeting planner:
- Stay up to date on regulations affecting compliance
- Understand compliance variations on the state level
- Keep informed with details on new government and industry guidance
- Save time with regulations at a glance
- Implement the latest best practices for compliance programs
- Be able to locate regulations in 180 countries worldwide
- See answers to frequently asked questions
- Locate additional compliance resources
- Access a glossary of medical meeting and presenting terminology
- Adhere to requirements of the Physician Payments Sunshine Act
Breaking the Code to Healthcare Compliance is also helpful for those who devote a major portion of their time to planning and arranging medical/healthcare meetings. Suppliers such as hotels, convention centers, audio-visual companies, trade show/exhibit companies, restaurants, and any other providers of support products and services should also understand their client’s expectations and how they can provide data analytics that respond to government regulations.
Sections include The Facts at a Glance, Timeline of the Physician Payments Sunshine Act, Global and U.S. Compliance and Regulations, Frequently Asked Questions, Resources by Country, and Glossary.
ISBN 13: 978-1-933635-29-3